Note: 2/19/2020 this guide is currently under construction!
For general EPIC information, please see the EpicNewbieGuide.
Average runtime: 1 Hour
Average group size: 25+
Chance of death: over and over again Do not tell the group you died. Spam needs to be kept to a minimum, and telling everyone in the group you died is just a waste of time. We can all see that you died through info messages or other means. Go back to Alai and await patiently. Do not tell people you are waiting. When enough people have died and returned to Alai (3) you will be automatically transferred back to the section we are in. If the epic leader decides they need people now, they will send people to get you.
Who can go? Any 200/201 can be useful as a healer, as long as you have incomplete heal and party heal, and don't mind dying a few more times than normal. You will die much less if you have a minimum of 15k hps.
What will I get? Potentially some seriously bad-ass eq. But it's quite rare so don't be terribly disappointed if you get some gold.
What if the thought of dying makes me wet myself? Stay home cupcake. <-- THIS. do not bitch about dying on epics!
Stay OUT of the area until the epic leader takes you into the area to start the run. Going into the area prior to the run start can delay the run. DO NOT go into the area for the first time without the epic leader taking you in. Wait at the door mob, which will be put in the group name once set.
- Go Neutral (unless strong aligned class such as ppal)
- Stock up on heal pots and some mana pots, but have inventory space
- Auto assist on (majority of the time, leader will tell you when to turn it off)
- Auto sac off, auto loot on (if you don't have inventory space, make some!)
- Remove all spam triggers from group
- Script triple or double incomplete heals. If we don't have these, the run will be delayed or canceled. Help the group, scribe scrolls.
- do NOT walk across the bridge alone. Do not walk across the bridge period. If you do this will delay the run.
- Stay out of the area entirely until a leader has you collect medals. Once medals are on, you will never walk past Alai.
- When you die, you were door into the area, and walk down to alaia (run es2desw3d) and stay there.
- Wait for 2 friends and you will transfer to the tunnel that leads into the battlefield. Walk south and down until you enter battlefield, then use the ascii map to locate the group and walk to us. Be aware of mobs that will attack you.
Phase 1: the leader will collect group and move you, do not walk on your own unless you have died and are returning to the group
- During the battlefield phase they must be worn to prevent Orc Trooopers from appearing and killing everyone.
- They must be worn at the end of the run to get the reward.
- Leader will instruct you to "stare spire" and greet shade", then leader will instruct you to move. Don't complete any commands until leader announces directions. This is timed.
- When you are transferred across the bridge, you will walk SOUTH on the leader command to enter the battlefield
- Leader will walk the path - you rescue and pheal and damp/dispel mobs
- Rescue. Pheal. Dispel. Repeat.
- Bosses must be killed in a specific order
- Do not afk and stay with the group. If you do this and cause an issue, this could set us back 20-45 minutes. Tell the leader you need to afk a few minutes and RECALL out of the area.
- Afking that leads to run delays will result in you being kicked out of the group. Don't be an asshole.
Runs + Orbs
- Auto Assist must be off - this can cause a 45 minute delay. Don't be an auto asshole. Turn it off immediately.
room holders = during a certain point in the game some rooms need to stay occupied
while mobs are cleared from 7 rooms. If you are told to stay in that room YOU
MUST stay there no matter what. Moving will reset the step. (Note: at least 1
room is no-quaff)
sacrifice = just before the fight with death 3 people have to move simultaneously and
DO NOTHING. When they move they will automatically sit. YOU CANNOT
PERFORM ANY ACTIONS WHATSOEVER. All you do is type report every few
seconds so your healers know your hp.
Death healer = you go into Death's room and heal the tanks (similar to downhealer
role in OC)
Note: because "uphealers" are spread around you can't let your HP get too low
before stepping out for a heal up. Usually there are 2-5 people in any
given room so you won't get a big surge of incompletes.
Sacrifice healers = you will be assigned to a sacrifice, you sit in that room and
heal your sacrifice + heal the death healers as they come in and request healing.
Similar to uphealer role in OC. Note one of the rooms is no-quaff.
The bridge must be crossed carefully, or it seals for 5 minutes and pisses everyone off. There are a couple of phases to this.
Mobs alive: When mobs are alive you need a tank a few others to go room by room
and clear them.
Bridge clear, moving manually: to move you need at least two people. You have to
have one person move, then the other come to that room and so on. You can't get
two rooms apart or the bridge seals and pisses everyone off.
Bridge clear, charon dead, have 3 or more people: chill at Alai and eventually he'll
trans you across. If you get impatient you can move any number of people across
manually but if you fuck up and seal the bridge it pisses everyone off.
There are some rooms and minor (heh) boss mobs to be cleared in a certain order.
The main issue here is WEAR YOUR MEDALLION. If you fail to do so orc trooopers appear, and kill everyone, which pisses everyone off AND you have to wait 30 or more minutes for them to clear out. (Orc troopers sounds like redshirts, but they're no laughing matter).
Watch out for roomprogs that deal damage, plus the aforementioned exploding souls so you'll want to watch your health in here.
Medallions: See above
Lodestone: An item you receive upon your first completion of Inferno. On
additional runs you'll wear it and it will be upgraded which is supposed to increase
your chances of the really good eq being dropped for you. Starts at 1 goes to 5 (I
mover = guy everyone is grouped on, if he moves the group moves, this needs to be
negotiated sometimes because it can create problems if people are dragged to their
pheal = party heal, default action most of the time
cheal = incomplete heal, you'll be directed to do this as needed
Waves = For almost all boss mobs they call assisting mobs at certain % of hp. Tanks
will aim off the boss mob, and resanc him to slow his droprate so you don't have
the group fighting two waves together.
autoattack = regular melee attack, usually you'll not be using attack spells but
instead will be doing pheal. NOT autoassist, it's generally best to engage manually.
Runes: There are runes scattered around, the group leader will handle this. If you
happen to be the guy who was eaten or a stat-person, you'll need to copy/paste the
rune to the group leader in a note on personal. (turn on raw color to get the codes)
Noquaff rooms: several rooms in Inferno don't allow quaffing, this creates some
interesting situations and causes a lot of running into sentries. Try to know
beforehand where the safe-to-quaff rooms are.
Special note: There is one room where quaffing causes seriously bad things
to happen. It's quaffable, but it will get people killed, make SURE you pay
attention and don't quaff while in this room.
Roomprogs: damage dealing programs in rooms abound here. Watch your hp even if
you're just standing around in an empty room.
Ok this one sounds harder than it is, and it's easier to explain by example:
(by breathes I mean area attacks so all the mobs are on the tank and others
can safely move through the room without being attacked)
*Group is in Room A, needs to move through B and into C without staying in B.
*The skip-tank moves from A to B and breathes.
*The main-tank moves through B into C and breathes.
*The group then runs through B into C and starts healing the main tank.
*After the group is through, the skip tank retreats from B into C and gets healed up.
********* Rule 1: Pay attention and do as you're told. *********
- There's an implied truce during epic runs, don't pk people.
- Don't spam commands, ever. You NEED to be able to react to changes and spamming can cause problems. If you are phealing 5 rounds after combat ends Androg will skullfuck you.
- Don't spam gtell with stuff ESPECIALLY automessages and stuff there's a lot going on so gtell needs to be mostly business.
- Triggers off. Except utility stuff like potion tracking etc.
- NO BOTTING, shouldn't need to be reiterated but there you go.
- If you're confused, ask what you need to be doing. -- When in doubt stand there without attacking and pheal
- If you're told to use flee, don't use retreat.
- There's one part where you don't want to area attack, make sure you don't.
- If you're a t9 rescuer, rescue the tank once and once only, over rescuing causes problems. If you don't rescue at all see deadweight above.
- WEAR YOUR MEDALLION when told to or you'll get everyone killed, cause a 30 minute plus delay and piss everyone off.
- If you don't have a fuckton of HP don't linger in Death's room.
Starting the run:
- Take a deep breath, everything will be ok. Just don't panic and all will be well.
- Rank 4 is the rank of champions. Don't fear death, but try to stay alive for the good of the group if you can. You're going to die, but wandering around and dying because you're not paying attention isn't helpful.
- A group leader will be designated, door to the doormob and follow the group leader
- From here on in just follow instructions and try not to earn any DS points.
Guide taken from the Chaos Clan Website